Tempra Media Author (sorry, but this product has been
CREATE INTERACTIVE MULTIMEDIA APPLICATIONS ON YOUR OWN
You make it interactive. TEMPRA MEDIA AUTHOR lets you put the elements together: sight,
sound, and touch for:
- Trade Shows
- Point of Sale
GRAPHIC AND TEXT USER INTERFACE FOR TEMPRA MEDIA AUTHOR
- Position graphics and text with a mouse, true WYSIWYG.
- Pick colors from the palette or image.
- Instant access to menus and functions.
- Self-prompting menus, with context sensitive menus for field editing.
- On-line context sensitive help.
- Search and replace, column and block copy, move, save, load, and delete.
TEST AND DEVELOP WITH THE INTERACTIVE EDITOR
- Run sections of your project to see how it works with no compiling; trace your logic as
- Incorporate feedback from field trials quickly with this editor in minutes.
PLAY AVI FILES WITHOUT WINDOWS.
SHOW 3D GRAPHICS
- Play FLI or FLC files made with an animation program: Tempra Turbo Animator, 3D Studio,
- Overlay animation onto motion video for special effects.
- Use touch screen, joy stick, pop up menus, keyboard and mouse pointers.
- With up to 99 Buttons at one time branch on input. Let your audience choose what they
want to see next.
- Use hardware you already have; no need for expensive one-use hardware.
- A variety of input types allows you to decide what method is best for your message.
- The key to good interactive material is choosing the most natural and appropriate
CONTROL VIDEODISK AND VIDEO TAPE PLAYERS
- There is no substitute for motion video for some applications, and we let you control
- Motion video is unmatched in showing complex human interactions.
- True control of motion video lets you know exactly what is happening when the user
chooses to interact with the material.
- Use Sony VISCA compatible video tape control for video tape editing, or to show video
during a presentation.
- Use the videodisk player to its full potential by controlling audio, pausing, taking
input during play, and more.
DATABASE AND VARIABLES.
- TMA lets you create over 900 different string and numeric variables.
- Keep track of what your users are doing.
- Create and use database (DBF) files.
- Make internal branches based on past performance.
- Store the variables in ASCII text files.
- Modify variable values at any time for flexible and responsive user interaction.
- Any Field or Parameter can be a variable.
- Send variables out the serial port.
LOGICAL FEATURES FOR HIGH END DESIGNERS
- Timeout - branch based on time.
- Subroutine - reuse scripts.
- IFThen - for internal branching.
- System commands - Run DOS applications, and batch files.
- Serial I/O - operate serial devices.
- Trace the execution for debugging.
- Variable event types.
- Test and use system parameters.
- Real-time Clock display.
- Read PLC's for factory applications.
- Check the value of the variables at design time.
SHOW STILL VIDEO IMAGES
- Show TGA, PCX and JPG images. 2, 4, 8, 15, 16 and 24 bit.
- Make use of existing images: Photos, slides, videos, art. Non-artist presenters create
great looking presentations.
- Speed up production with high quality images. Maximize impact with product shots, photos
of familiar people and graphics.
- Make lines, circles, etc. at runtime to save space.
- Free hand drawing for annotations while the show is running.
- Wipe in, scale, and move picture clips.
- Add motion to the presentation, or highlight an area of interest.
For titling and special effects. Use as a "Freeze Frame." Wipe in stills over
video, wipe video into stills. Put animated graphics and Movies over moving video. Add
graphics or video picture clips to video.
SHOW TEXT FILES IN ANY OF 30+ FONTS
- Make captions that can be shown in any size, font or color. These words can be placed
over graphics, images or live video.
- Flexibility - you can change a text screen in seconds with your word processor.
- Use for bullet points, titles, or text screens.
- Save on storage space. Get many text screens from ASCII files.
SCROLL / CRAWL TEXT
- Make text scroll up or across the screen. Use any font in any color.
- Works like a character generator.
- Use as a teleprompter, or message system.
- Create credits of any length from a text file.
- Wipe one screen after another, go from backgrounds to images, and vice versa, or from
image to image.
- Scale and wipe images at 99 speeds.
- Generate color backgrounds while the show is running.
- The backgrounds are generated at show time to save space on the hard drive.
- Use for backgrounds to text, graphics, and image clips.
AUDIO (optional hardware required)
- Record sound onto the hard drive of the computer and play the sound files back onto tape
or through a video monitor.
- Play audio from a CD-ROM.
- Play MIDI.
- Sound Blaster compatible.
- Supports VESA audio standards, and Voyetra audio drivers.
- Draw lines, circles, and boxes with special effects.
- Make you own wipes.
- Highly flexible, and easily changed.
- Create animated drawing.
PLAY MUSICAL TUNES
- No additional hardware required. Use your word processor to make musical tunes that can
be played while you show an animation, or change screens.
- Flexibility - Change your tune with your word processor.
- Use for sound effects, musical scoring, and to add drama for the full multimedia effect.
- 386, 486 or Pentium based PC with 540 k system memory.
- CGA, EGA, VGA graphics adapter up to 24 bit.
- MS-DOS, or DR-DOS.
- Hard disk.
- 2 meg EMS.
Optional - Audio board, Frame Grabber, Touch Screen, CD-ROM drive, VISCA VCR, Videodisk
Video boards: VESA BIOS and drivers, Acumos, ATI, Diamond, Everex, Genoa, Paradise,
Orchid, Trident, Tseng 3000/4000, Video 7. Snap Plus & Video Blaster AVER 2000
Touch Screens: Tektouch, Microtouch, Elographics, IBM, Sony
Videotape: VISCA protocol provides Control L, Control S and VISCA
Videodisk: Pioneer and Sony, up to 4 players at one time.
Audio Boards Sound Blaster compatibles, Voyetra compatibles, and VESA audio spec.